An Unmatched Educational System
The SkillTrain platform and model offer benefits to our partners and students not found in any other system. SkillTrain immersive programs feature in-depth curriculum and top experts that creates community based learning driving high-retention and stickiness. Students get the opportunity to learn directly from thought leaders in their topic of interest. This is education as close to real-world training as it can get.
Below are a sampling of the SkillTrain platform benefits and features:
Best-of-Breed Infrastructure Delivering Superb End-User Experience
SkillTrain’s robust hosting infrastructure delivers a smooth and compelling experience to end-users while allowing its partners and subject experts to focus on their content.
- Secure Tier-One Datacenter Hosting: Sites are hosted with one of the World’s top providers ensuring the content is always up and performance is optimal.
- Distributed Global Video Network: Smooth streaming, high quality video to all locations.
- Optimized Ingestion of User Videos: Simplified interface and convenient, secure upload of user videos for video based tests and professional review.
- Database Driven Content: Creates a custom experience for each user and role.
- Embedded Payment Gateway and Processing: Bulk rates and efficiencies with top line services including Authorize.net and PayPal.
- Analytics Integration: Detailed tracking of site level usage and demographics.
Integrated Systems for Seamless Learning and Administration
The SkillTrain education engine has been designed from the ground up for the creation, management and distribution of in-depth, interactive content creating an optimized learning environment for participants.
- All Device Access: Students can access their material in a device-optimized format from PCs, tablets and mobile devices.
- Transaction Management: Fully integrated secure cart system enables a seamless purchase process.
- Dynamic Content Management: Fast implementation of new content and courses.
- Synchronous and Asynchronous Components: Students interact with others, track progress and take notes in real-time while viewing their lessons.
- Registration: Sites are membership based allowing the content can be customized to each user and all use can be tracked and reported.
- Roles: The system automatically recognizes each user’s role and delivers a role-based set of tools, content and reports.
- Partner Brand Integration: Partners and sponsors have extensive brand exposure throughout the site and lessons.
- Customizability: The platform is designed to be customized to the unique needs of each partner.
- Curriculum Access Options: Courses and lessons can be free and open, free and registration, subscription and fee-based, allowing access rights to be customized at a granular level.
- Hierarchical System: Curriculum is layered in as it is developed following a pattern of Channel > Track > Topic > Subject > Course > Lesson > Chapter.
- SEO Optimized: The site and content is optimized for search engine recognition when appropriate.
- Security: The site uses full SSL encryption and robust firewalls preventing unauthorized access of information and content.
- Sub Domains and Shortcut Links: Quick links that take students directly to the section of interest.
- Support and Message Management: All support and feedback messages are dynamically stored, tracked, prioritized and assigned.
A Unique Educational Model
The SkillTrain Educational Model has been developed with a focus on the efficient development and delivery of self-improvement and real-world topics that draw, engage, and embed a broad, yet highly targeted audience.
- Full Service: SkillTrain handles all elements of development and delivery including site updates, secondary content creation and publishing, and full partner, subject expert and student tech support.
- Leading Subject Experts: Lessons feature top Subject Experts in the category to guarantee the student is learning from the thought leaders.
- In-Depth Lessons: Unlike “tip” videos featured on many other websites, SkillTrain lessons are long-form and detail packed. They are the equivalent of taking the course within a traditional learning environment but with the benefit that the student can interactively dig deeper into those areas of most interest as well as return as many times as necessary to review the material.
- Professional Production: All video and supplementary content is professionally produced so as to deliver a top quality experience.
- One-of-a-Kind Content: Courses and lessons are unique to the site, offering information students can’t get anywhere else online.
- Broad Yet Targeted Audience: As a global solution, the curriculum reaches a broad audience but due to the exactness of the topics it also reaches a highly targeted audience.
- Destination: SkillTrain sites create a go-to online destination for the topic.
Functionality and Interactivity to Engage the Student
The functionality and interactivity of SkillTrain portals foster intuitive learning through an immersive environment that makes the student an active participant in their education.
- Testing: Multiple testing formats including dynamically graded, video based, and manually reviewed to validate student retention of knowledge.
- Certification: Automated, printable certifications based on completion of courses and successful passing of required tests.
- Affiliate Management: Ability to manage affiliates including information and listings and to sub-assign students.
- Professional Review: Students can submit videos to have them evaluated by remote Instructors.
- Forums: Private and role specific forums in both moderated and student direct formats give users the ability to interact directly with the experts.
- Batch Purchases: Users can purchase courses and lessons in batches to distribute to others. For instance a Human Resources Director can purchase courses for multiple employees.
- Access Codes: Courses and lessons can be assigned to users through the use of Access Codes.
- Coupons and Discounts: Coupons and Discounts can be attached to any content level and be restricted by user or number of uses.
- Feedback: Integrated feedback loops to ensure the content is meeting the needs of the student.
- Gift Certificates: The ability to gift a course or lesson to another.
- Student Ranks: The ability to assign and advance students through a ranking system.
- Progress Tracking: The system incorporates both manual and automated progress tracking and notes.
- Student Content Upload: Integrated functions for students to upload videos and other content types for review.
- Interactive Lesson Player:
- Multi-View: Student gets a high level view of all of the lesson content from which they can then get expanded views of the most relevant section for that portion of the learning.
- Full Screen Option: The video can be expanded to full screen.
- Resources: Each lesson includes a list of links to associated resources.
- Streaming Video: The primary lesson information is delivered via video.
- Printouts: There are accompanying printouts for each lesson highlighting key points.
- Slides: There are slides synched to the video with major bullets, graphics and animations.
- Peer Chat: Students are able to interact with other students watching the same lesson.
- Moderated Forum: The lessons each have an associated moderated forum so students can receive qualified answers to their questions.
- Bookmarks: The student can set bookmarks at key sections of the lesson.
- Notes: The student has the ability to take notes while the lesson is playing.
- History: The student can view their history with the lesson.
- Files: Support files of various media are linked from the primary lesson.
Deep Administrative and Reporting Tools
Extensive back-end administration tools give Instructors and Administrators full insight and access to the progress and results of their students.
- Reporting: Detailed reports on all key metrics. The reports are customizable and exportable.
- Student Tracking: Administrator level tracking of student progress.
- Site Admin Tools: Top level account access giving information on all revenue and students.
- Course Admin Tools: An administrator level access with curriculum, testing, content and affiliate management tools.
- Instructor Tools: Instructors are able to log-in to access their direct students and to grade tests.
- Affiliate Tools: Tools for affiliates to manage their direct students.